Association for promotion and advancement of contemporary art.
Jazzatelier Ulrichsberg was founded in 1973. Starting with traditional Jazz- and Bluesconcerts, over the years this activities increased and evolved till today to all kinds of improvised music and contemporary music.
In 1986 Jazzatelier bought a house where now about ten concerts are takeing place throughout the year, as well as an annual international musicfestival, the Ulrichsberger Kaleidophon. Although our main activities are in music, we also offer artforms like film and visual arts.
Highlight-Activities from 1973 till today include performances of Art Farmer, Friedrich Gulda, Peter Broetzmann, Henry Threadgill, David Murray, Tim Berne, Anthony Braxton, Walter Malli, Cecil Taylor, Radu Malfatti, John Zorn, AMM, Sun Ra, Herbert Henck, Evan Parker, Gavin Bryars, Franz Koglmann, Roscoe Mitchell, George Lewis, Paul Lovens, Barre Phillips, Misha Mengelberg, Mark Dresser, Klangforum Wien, Ensemble Recherche, Christian Fennesz, Werner Dafeldecker, Bruce Gilbert, Ken Vandermark, Joelle Leandre and Alvin Lucier.
Concert-Recordings at Jazzatelier Ulrichsberg, available on CD:
- Sun Ra Arkestra, "Salute to Walt Disney", 1989, Leo
- Evan Parker, "Synergetics - Phonomanie III", 1993, Leo
- Walter Malli, "Geh langsam durch die alten Gassn", 1994, PAO
- WUF, "Chamot", 1997, Extraplatte
- Malfatti/Durrant/Lehn, "Dach", 1999, Erstwhile
- Lull, "Live at Ulrichsberger Kaleidophon 2001", 2001
- Irene Schweizer / Pierre Favre, "Ulrichsberg", 2003, Intakt-Records
- Anthony Braxton, "4 Compositons (Ulrichsberg)", 2005, Leo Records
- ZFP-Quartet, "UlrichsbergMünchenMusik", 2007, Bruces Fingers Records
- USE - Schweiger/Klement/Stangassinger, 2007, KalK Records
- Memorize the Sky, "In Former Times", 2008, Clean Feed Records
- Atelier-Abstrait, "Improtage 2010", 2010, ambientartlab.at
- Joelle Leandre, "Can you hear me", Tentet/Trio, 2011, Leo Records
- Peter Ablinger, "Regenstücke Vol. 2", 2013, God Records
2009 Jazzatelier did organize Peter Ablingers "Landscape Opera". Some parts of that opera are still active. Click here for a english documentation with texts, pictures and mp3s.
A lot more information about past activities is collected in the Archiv-